Our surroundings have a huge impact on quality of our life. Cleanliness of our surroundings is very important for overall health and wellbeing. Pollution, poor water quality, improper and insufficient sanitation can lead to various health hazards.
Sanitation is the process of maintaining a hygienic condition by providing adequate facilities for sewage and water waste disposal. It emphasis on storing, treating, reusing or recycling of waste to avoid any further problems.
Poor sanitation pollutes drinking water, provide breeding sites for flies and other insects that ultimately spread diseases. It affects human health and can cause various disease like diarrhea, cholera, typhoid malaria, and skin infections.
It’s important to opt for adequate sanitation services for the sake of protecting health. Some tips to maintain sanitation are as follows:
1. Keep your water tank clean, protect water sources from being polluted.
2. Use dustbins for the disposal of garbage.
3. Keep your living place clean and dirt free.
4. Keep the toilets clean.
5. Isolate non-recyclable and recyclable waste.
6. Promote proper maintenance of onsite and offsite disposal.
7. If water lines are damaged, do not use flush and promptly manage your plumbing system.
8. Mop the floor daily with good disinfectant so that dirt and germs get removed from the floor.
9. Sanitizing the equipment and materials used for cleaning purpose.
10. Maintain your drainage system so that no clogging takes place.
11. Check for leakages so that they can be repaired timely to avoid further hazards.
12. Use separate cleaning rugs and wipes for toilet and other areas.
13. Clean sinks, showers, faucets to avoid any contamination and infection as they our hands get in contact with them regularly.
Educate people and create awareness about the proper sanitation techniques. Proper sanitation helps to build a clean surroundings and improves your overall health.